Let’s face it; air travel isn’t always a pleasant experience these days. The long lines, bitter check-in agents, being forced to parade barefoot on bacteria ridden floors and of course, everyone’s favorite, the random search. Well, for all of you who are looking for a better way to fly, with an airline that actually treats you like a human, look no further than Porter Air.
Last week I traveled to Toronto for IIDEX/NeoCon Canada using Porter for the first time. Over the past few months I had heard a ton of buzz about the airline, (which recently began service to Boston) and figured I’d give them a try. Below are the particulars that have me hooked.
- Pleasant employees at the check in counter (Happy. Even before dawn. How rare!)
- Hip lounge complete with a variety of functional spaces. Soft seating with complementary Wi-Fi and televisions. Desks with computers and work stations and a kitchenette with high top tables and a pantry loaded with complementary snacks and drinks.
- Très fashionable stewardess outfits.
- Complementary food in flight! Cheeky graphics on a neatly packaged snack box (containing 1/2 a sandwich, cheese & crackers). Food on an airline?! Another rare discovery.
- Lots of leg room. Without having to pay extra.
- Stepping off the plane to be greeted by the Toronto skyline.
Just as they promised, Porter did it right. Porter is a breath of fresh air in an industry that desperately needs to be refreshed.